Heaven on Earth, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Heaven on Earth, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Decisions, Decisions...

Yesterday, my APCD took me to go see 2 possible new sites. The first one is called Chiché, and is about 30 minutes away from my current site (still in the department of Quiché), which is very convenient. Chiché is very small (the exact opposite of Santa Cruz) and there seems to be a lot of potential for projects, etc., And the woman I would be working with seems really nice, though a tad young and inexperienced. Though what she lacks in age and experience, she makes up for in enthusiasm and positive energy. She also has good contact with her Mayor (which is important when you are trying to work on anything in your community)...

The other option would be in a department called Totonicapan, in a bigger town called Momostenango...The MUNI where I would be working seemed big, but pretty well-run and well-established...so I am not sure how I would fit into their office...but since it is so well-run there might be less headaches when trying to start projects. But since it is so big, it might be frustrating to get my bearings straight and make the right connections and contacts to start working...

Basically, I have no idea which option to choose...
My director is awesome and is giving me the option but I have no idea what to do...

Eeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment